Here are the reasons why Sikkim should visit Sikkim at least once in lifetime:
- Sikkim is a land of mountains ,waterfalls, rivers and clear blue sky.
- The Kanchenjunga, the 3rd highest mountain in the world, is situated in the state.
- Monastery’s for meditation
- The state has an enormous variety of flora and fauna
From tropical to the alpines. Sikkim’s botanical and zoological richness is awe- inspiring, boasting of more than 4000 species of plants and 30% of all the birds found in the Indian sub-continent. The state animal is the Red Panda. 81% of the state comes under the administration of the forest department.
- Sikkimese cuisine – Momos, Thukpa, and Wontons etc etc
- Declared as India’s cleanest state
The state was given this title in 2012, and it aims to become a completely organic one by 2015. Things like plastic bags are completely banned here.
- It is a land of adventure
Activities like trekking, river rafting, yak safaris and mountaineering always attract tourists.
- Land of Lakes- Gurudongmar Lake, Chhangu Lake, Khechiperi Lake, Kupup Lake, Elephant Lake and many more.
- Beautiful Valleys: Tukla Valley,Yumthang valley,Nathang Valley Etc Etc.
10.War Memorials of India’s Brave Army.
So Do you need more reasons???